Did someone in your family receive a new pet for the holidays? If you or someone you love received a cat or a dog for Christmas, it is important to make sure that you are able to take care of your pet not just during the first week, but forever. For instance, spaying a cat can help you know that you will not have more kittens if you do not want them.
Spay and neuter clinics offer the best way to make sure that the pet population stays in control. Spaying a cat and neutering a dog not only limits a populations, it also makes sure that the population of smaller animals does not suffer.
Did you know that as many as 86 million people in America own cats? This compares to the 78 million who own dogs. Most of these owners understand the importance of taking care of their pets. To making sure that they have enough food to making sure that they get enough exercise, there are many ways to make sure that your animal is healthy and well cared for.
Pet Neuter Clinics Offer Owners a Way to Safely Protect Their Dogs and Cats
Whether you are a long time pet owner or you have just received your first pet as a present this holiday, it is important that you get the right kind of care for the animals that you own. Consider these facts and figures about the need for spaying and neutering your pets:
- Dogs and cats and as young as five months old can get pregnant.
- One unspayed female cat can produce as many as 4,948 kittens in seven years.
- A fertile dog has an average of two litters a year.
- SpayUSA.org recommends spaying before a first litter.
- The average number of puppies in a litter is typically between six and ten.
- Spaying and neutering is the only 100% effective form of birth control for dogs and cats.
Being a responsible pet owner means that you need to feed your animal, exercise your animal, and you should also make sure that your pet is also properly spayed or neutered. With the right care your pet ownership can be a success.